Peas pulao or matar pulao is one of the quickest and simple one pot recipe. Which is made with aromatic spices and green peas. This simple pulao goes well with any kind of spicy and creamy gravy base dish.
- Basmati Rice – 2 cup
- Peas – 1 cup (frozen or fresh)
- Cashew nut – 1/4 cup
- Raisins – 1/4 cup
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Star anise – 1 no
- Green cardomom – 4 no
- Cloves – 4 no
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ghee/butter – 1 tbsp
- salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for about 30 minutes , then drain the water and keep aside.
2. In a large pan heat the oil, then add all the whole spices and saute for about a minutes till the aroma starts coming.
3. Then add the green peas ( I use frozen peas) and mix well. Add the cashew nut and raisins also. Fry it for about a minute. Now add the drained rice and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes in a medium flame.
4. Now add the 4 cups of warm water. Mix them all with a required amount of salt. Now close the pan with a lid and cook in medium flame, until water is almost absorbed. Mix gently in between, so that rice does not stick to the bottom. It will takes 6 to 7 minutes .
5. Add the sugar now and mix lightly with the help of fork. Now sim the fire and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Now switch of the flame and put the ghee or butter. close the lid again and give it a standing time for another 10 minutes. After 10 minutes fluff the rice once again and serve with your favorite curry.
If you like, you can do the entire process in ghee or butter.