Bread pakoda is most popular street food in India, particularly in Mumbai. It’s tea time snack. There are two types of making this pakoda. One is with stuffing (with potato) & other one is without stuffing. today i’m doing without stuffing.
Bread slices( brown or white )- 3 to 4 no
Gram flour – 1/2 cup
Onion (small) – 1 no (finely chopped )
Green chili – 2 no ( finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1/3 cup ( finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for cooking
1. Cut the bread slices according to your desire shape. I cut it in triangle shape.
2. Now take a big bowl, add gram flour, chopped onion, chopped coriander, chopped green chili, turmeric powder, salt and Mix it well.
3. Add water little by little,mix it and make a thick batter .
4. Heat oil in a pan about 3 to 4 tbsp or you can deep fry also.
5. Now dip the bread slices into the batter and put it into the hot oil.
6. Fry it for a minute then gently flip it to fry other side.
7. Fry it till it turns golden brown from both sides on medium heat.
8. Take out on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.Repeat same process for other bread slices as well.
9. Serve hot with tomato ketchup .if you like sprinkle some chaat masala on top of the bread pakoras.