Tomato Chicken Curry – a simple and easy to make delicious Indian Chicken dish made with lots of tomatoes, served as a side dish complemented by Rice or Roti.
- Chicken – 500 gm (boneless)
- Onion – 1 no ( thinly slice)
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Puree – 1 cup
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Dry red chili – 2 no
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Chicken masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, then wash it. Apply chicken masala powder and salt in it. mix them nicely and keep aside for 30 minutes
2. Now heat a pan and put the oil. Then add the cumin seeds, bay leaves, dry red chili, let it crackle.
3. Now add the slice onion, cook till soften. put the ginger & garlic paste. followed by all the remaining spice powder.
4. Now add the tomato puree, cook for 2-3 minutes . add the chicken pieces and mix. now cover and cook till the chicken soften. Stir occasionally.
5. If required add little water ( don’t add to much). Check the seasoning and switch off the flame.
6. Now garnish with cherry tomato & coriander leaves.